The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Drake Drops “For All the Dogs”

Drake is a worldwide sensation. He has dropped many songs and is a music artist and actor; however, he is best known for his music. As of October 2023, Drake is the most streamed artist of all time on Spotify. Drake just released his his newest album “For All the Dogson Friday, Oct. 6, 2023. 

Fans are going crazy about how long it was since he last dropped an album in 2022 called “A New Era”.  

Drake’s new album was originally due for the date of Sept. 22, 2023, but was postponed for the later date. The reason for this was because Drake had a tour with famous artist 21 Savage. How do Drakes fans feel about this postponed album? Well here at BHS, the students have something to say. 

“I was hoping it would drop at midnight, so I could stay up and listen to it,” freshmen Hudson Pfledderer said. 

This new album has very known artists in it such as J. Cole, 21 Savage, Lil Yachty, SZA, Bad Bunny, Chief Keef, Yeat, Teezo Touchdown and Sexyy Red.  

Drake’s fans had set grand expectations because of these features. “I had really high expectations for the album especially because of the features that are going to be in the song,” Pfledderer

People were worried Drake might postpone his album a second time, but fans who are plugged into social media weren’t as worried. “I think he was going to actually drop it this time because he posted the song names on his Instagram,” Pfledderer said.

There is a total of 23 songs in this album, which is one hour and twenty-five minutes of run time, and since Drakes biggest source of income is his music, he better hope this album is a hit in the music world. Some of the song names for this album are “2AM on Toronto Pearson”, “Rocky”, “Bling”, “Big Flex”, “Freak Show” and “Euphoria”. 

This album has plenty of songs compared to other albums, and they differ depending on who is being featured, which is amazing because everyone’s different personalities are shown off.  

For example, the song Big Flex featuring Future has its own world compared to any other song that they write. 

This album is an interesting mix of songs, and while they do become catchy, there is also a weakness to this album: for having two years to complete it, most songs only round up to two minutes. 

There was an expectation of longer songs and more quality to the songs, but even with all of that, this album is interesting and listening to it has been worth it. I recommend you all check it out.  

It has already dropped, and I hope you enjoy Drake’s album “For All the Dogs.”