The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Summer Break for BHS Students

Sunsets+are+very+popular+to+watch+during+the+summertime.+
Lauren Brickler
Sunsets are very popular to watch during the summertime.

The majority of students at BHS are looking forward to this year coming to an end. A two month break is just what they want after a long year of stress and finals. From summer activities to resting in bed, students are doing a variety of things. Students are ready to get through finals and be stress-free.

Many students are going on exciting vacations over summer break. “I’m going to the lake house with my friends, then on a camping trip. Then to the beach with my family,” said freshman Ella Barnes, who is doing a lot this summer. She and others are deeply ready for relaxing and fun events coming up shortly.

On the other hand, many students aren’t leaving for vacation but are simply doing home or near-home activities to keep them occupied. “I want to go to the pool almost every day,” said freshman Brynn Weaver, who said she doesn’t really have anything else to do. To prevent boredom, students who don’t have anything big planned are looking to do other simple things over summer.

School can bring stress for many, and students are ready for a temporary end to it. Factors like homework and the end of semester finals add to the excitement of school getting out. “I’m very ready for the end of school since it’s stressful,” Weaver said. The pressure school puts on students, especially toward the end of the year, leads to students feeling desperate to reach summer and all the opportunities and entertainment it may bring.

Despite how short the two months may end up feeling for some, it still allows people to be refreshed and take a break to do the things they enjoy. Summer break brings students fun and warm weather with a side of relaxation and time away from school.