The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Finals Prep

Finals are coming soon, and students should all start to prepare and get ready for them
Students in the library are taking their time to study for classes.
Bryana Smith

Have you ever felt that finals are so hard to prepare for? Many students at the school feel the same way. When you study for finals, you should start preparing many weeks ahead and avoid cramming it in before the test. There are many ways to study and prepare for finals. 

Before finals, there are many resources that you can use to try to study for your classes. “I usually look over notes and past study guides, and then I’ll do the study guide that they give us for the final,” sophomore Piper Terry said. 

When you look over all your notes and the study guide, it gives you an idea of what is going to be on the test, and you can focus on what you should be reviewing. If you have your past tests, you can review them and make sure you know how to do all the questions because if they are on the test, the final is  most likely to have a couple problems similar to those. 

“Looking at online resources” can help you a lot because if you can’t figure out a question, the web can always help you. Sometimes people will look up YouTube videos, and it helps them study because it gives them more information about what they are trying to learn.  

Many people need help studying. “I’ll try to help them. I will give them some notes,” said Terry. Studying is a hard concept because some people do not always know ways to study.

“We start with a self-assessment where they go back through each major unit and set of topics, they answer some questions then they check their answers, and they score themselves so they can see which areas during the semester they really need to focus on studying,” science teacher Christine Heldman said. 

When you self-assess, you will be able to know what you need help with. If you go back to each unit, you will be able to tell what you should review if you can’t remember how to do something. If the students start to study early on, they can relearn the unit so for the final, they will be able to know how to do everything. 

“We work on organizing papers that they are learning in their content. They should have everything organized in a binder, as part of the freshmen bio process, and that is a very nice helpful resource for the students,” said Heldman. 

Here are some study tips: 

• Space out your time 
  • Join a study group 
  • Make flashcards 
  • Study in an environment in which you can focus 
  • Keep reviewing the same thing until you know how to do it 

I hope that everybody does amazing on their finals and good luck!!! 

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Paw Print
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Brownsburg High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs, as well as our quarterly print publication!