The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Humans of BHS: Tristan Bronkella

A snippet into the life of a future Boilermaker
Aissatou Barry

BHS holds over 3,000 students with a senior class size of over 760 students. Coming from the senior class is Tristan Bronkella. With much diversity in the BHS class, Bronkella is here to share both his interests and hobbies as a BHS senior and a person.

Senior year is set in place for students to decide how they want to take their next step. For Bronkella, his next step is to attend Purdue to major in Mechanical Engineering. After being accepted into the highly competitive engineering program, Bronkella feels as though it is currently one of his biggest accomplishments. “Getting into Purdue Engineering specifically was something I’ve been looking forward to for most of my high school career, and I’m glad that work paid off,” Bronkella said.

Not only has Purdue been his top choice of college, but Bronkella has also been a major Purdue sports fan growing up. In most recent times, he’s been  watching the March Madness bracket and keeping up to date. This is a hobby he tends to share with both his friends and family. Along with his love for March Madness, Bronkella  also participated on the tennis team this year, and although he doesn’t want to play in college, he will continue to play the sport for fun.

Bronkella working on his final Engineering project. (Aissatou Barry)

Like most seniors, Bronkella often juggles many activities, such as work and school. All of these activities piled on top of each other can be quite difficult to manage, often resulting in procrastination on certain tasks. When he gets in this lull, he tends to turn off his phone to limit distractions as he completes his tasks. “It helps me fully focus on what I need to do to get my work done,” Bronkella said.

Growing up, Bronkella attended a smaller school in elementary, where he made friends with practically everyone. Something he learned when moving from the private school to Brownsburg, was that, “having a smaller group of friends is nicer than knowing everyone in the class and talking to everybody.”

While getting used to the bigger class size may have been a big adjustment for Bronkella, he quickly got used to it. And by having his family support him, he was able to grab the reins of what a bigger school entailed to help his transition flow smoothly.