The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

St. Patrick’s Day
March 19, 2024

Season Start-Up

When does the Christmas season start?
Season Start-Up
Audrey Faletic

With multiple holidays around the corner, some BHS students are gearing up for turkey and pumpkin pie, while others are already decorating Christmas trees in their living rooms. So, the age-old question returns: how early is too early to start the Christmas celebration?

A few BHS students shared their opinions on the right time to start getting into that Christmas spirit.

“I think maybe a few days before Thanksgiving,” said junior Emily Culp, “but not right after Halloween.”

But once she’s reached that perfect starting time, what does she do first to prep for the holiday?

“I listen to Christmas music first,” Culp said.

Meanwhile, junior Briana Knoblett will start with perhaps the most classic way of getting into a holly jolly mood: putting up Christmas trees. Her family has a specific order for putting up trees which Knoblett called the “stepping stones.”

“We have three trees in my house,” said Knoblett. “So we put our main one up, and then I put mine up, and then we put our second tree up a couple weeks after.”

Although Knoblett and Culp may start their celebration differently, they both agree on the time to start Christmas preparations.

“A few days or maybe a couple weeks before Thanksgiving,” said Knoblett. “You can’t do it after Thanksgiving, because that would be too late, but you can’t do it right after Halloween because that would be too early.”

While Knoblett and Culp are both firm in their decisions on the right time to begin the Christmas cheer, junior Elaina Young has a different idea on when Christmas should properly begin.

“I think it is too early to start celebrating Christmas any time before Thanksgiving,” Young said.

However, though she disagrees with her fellow students on starting time, she also has her first Christmas activity planned out.

“To celebrate Christmas, the first thing I do is put up the Christmas lights outside while it is still mostly warm,” Young said.

Whether you’re getting in a Christmas mood before or after Thanksgiving, and however you plan to get it started, The Paw Print wishes you a great holiday season!