The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Humans of BHS: Jaeveon Manuel

%E2%80%9CFor+finals%2C+study+hard+because+you+might+think+you+know+everything%2C+but+we+all+forget+we+are+all+human+and+its+always+good+to+get+a+refresher+on+things%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Manuel.+
Lauren Brickler
“For finals, study hard because you might think you know everything, but we all forget we are all human and it’s always good to get a refresher on things,” said Manuel.

An interesting student here at BHS is a freshman volleyball player named Jaeveon Manuel who is very dedicated to the sport. He spends multiple hours a week playing and practicing, not letting himself get discouraged when out on the court. Not only that, but Manuel also has a skill for gymnastics. He pushes through the difficulty that the end of the school year brings to continue improving his skills and working harder every day. His talents are one of the many things that define Manuel.

Despite the two hours Manuel takes out of his day for volleyball, he pushes himself to work hard and put in the effort. “I try not to think about it too much and always try my hardest with everything I do and don’t slack too early on,” Manuel said. Manuel does not let his stress or tiredness keep him from working hard for volleyball and school in general. He does not allow others to affect the hard work and time he spends on volleyball.

Freshman Jaeveon Manuel has a hidden talent for gymnastics, and handstands are one of the many things he can do. (Lauren Brickler)

Support from family and friends is something that is a big part of Manuel’s sport. His teammates encourage him to work hard, along with his closer family which consists of his mom, grandma and sisters, who come to multiple of his games and give him hope to keep working hard. “They always had big plans for me, and I don’t want to let them down, but I also wanna do this for me as well,” Manuel said. Making his parents and even himself proud is especially important to Manuel and his hobbies. Although he may feel discouraged at times, he knows there are always people there to inspire him to keep working hard.

Manuel also has a talent and liking for gymnastics. Although he does not participate in the sport, he is still familiar with the topic. “I would say the hardest thing I can do is a round-off back handspring back tuck,” said Manuel, which is a mix of a back flip, round-off and a handspring. Manuel has used gymnastics as a hobby for a while. Despite it not being his main thing like volleyball, it is still an important part of his life. Gymnastics is something that not a lot of people know Manuel can do and likes.

Volleyball and gymnastics have positively affected Manuel’s life. He encourages other students to work hard in sports. He makes sure to stay positive. He evolves his life around his favorite sports and hobbies, along with his family. His talent in gymnastics is something that the majority of students don’t know about, but he is immensely proud of being able to do.