The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

Humans of BHS: Cailyn Jordan

Cailyn+Jordan+loves+to+work+events+for+the+school+auditorium.+
Bryana Smith
Cailyn Jordan loves to work events for the school auditorium.

Cailyn Jordan is a senior at BHS. She loves to do theatre, and she spends lots of her free time in the theatre department. There are so many activities that she likes to do in her free time, such as reading and watching races.

Earlier this month, she went to a car race with her family. “The race was in Alabama, but I thought it was in Florida. It was my first time going to that track,” Jordan said. She has been going to car races for a while, and she said she enjoys going to them.

Cailyn Jordan does the lighting for theatre. (Bryana Smith)

While she makes time to watch racing, she also does stage crew and theatre. Cailyn has been doing stage crew for a couple of years. “It taught me how to handle stressful situations, being quick on your feet,” Jordan said. When you are in stage crew, there are many things that could go wrong with the equipment, so it makes people handle stressful situations, according to Jordan.

Despite handling stressful situations well, almost everyone has a pet peeve that gets on their nerves. Jordan’s is when people pull at her backpack. Jordan doesn’t know why it bothers her, but it makes her frustrated when people do it. “It’s just makes my skin crawl,” Jordan said.

Her biggest fear is “losing people. It goes along with me being an only child. I have my parents, but sometimes you don’t go to them with your problems. I only have friends. And so, losing those kinds of people kind of hurts,” Jordan said.

Jordan’s favorite memory was when she was younger and she went to her friend’s boathouse. “I’m going to a place without my parents. It’s a freaking houseboat, and we went boating and that was super fun, and we’ve gone every year,” Jordan said.