The Paw Print

The Student News Site of Brownsburg High School

The Paw Print

The Paw Print

St. Patrick’s Day
March 19, 2024

‘Tis the Season

Ifeoluwa Olokode

It is finally time to put away all the fall decorations, in time for the holiday. To put it in context: “It’s timeeee!” Many BHS staff and students are excited for the upcoming holiday and more importantly, the incoming two week break from school. 

For most BHS staff, the holiday is time to celebrate with their friends and families. 

Geography teacher Ellie Crist said, “I just like Christmas season and getting to see and spend time with my family.” 

Similarly, Dual Credit History teacher Dawn Crone believes, “It means an opportunity to gather with friends and family and stay cozy inside.” 

The holiday season means a multitude of reasons to so many people. Some people see the holiday season as a time for Christmas and New Year’s while for others, it’s time to visit families and celebrate with them. 

“My husband and I will go back to our hometown in Ohio and get to see our parents and celebrate Christmas with them,” Crist said. “We usually go to my grandparents, and we also stay home and celebrate Christmas morning with my family. We eat a meal and open presents with them.” 

Similarly, Crone mentioned enjoying family time with her family. 

“I also have two grandsons that are little, so I enjoy doing things with them too,” Crone said.

The holiday is also a chance to enjoy a bunch of winter activities. 

“I end up being involved in different activities. There are Madrigal dinners, so lots of activities I enjoy,” Crone said.  

Lastly, many other people celebrate the holiday season for religious reasons. 

Sophomore Hailey Prather explained, “Christmas is the birth of Jesus; we remember and celebrate him.” 

In total, the holiday season serves as a chance for many people to celebrate and rejoice in the upcoming celebration and New Year with loved ones.  “The biggest celebration is Christmas; getting two weeks off of school to be with family,” Crone said. 

It is finally December, and many BHS members have finally got out the decorations for the holiday season. (Ifeoluwa Olokode)