Guy Broke 52 World Records in a Year

Guy Broke 52 World Records in a Year

Angel Ratcliff, Staff Writer

David Rush is the guy who broke 52 world records in a year. Entertainer David Rush described himself as “one of the most prolific Guinness World Records total holders on the planet.” Using his accomplishments, he wants to help students who struggle with discipline and wants them to know that when taking time and energy throughout their lives, they can achieve whatever they can imagine.

This man holds the total of the most broken Guinness World Records and has been breaking them ever since 2015. David promotes STEM and aims to inspire students that struggle with discipline by showing that difficult things can be easy if you put your mind to it.

“STEM is hard and when a student struggles with science or fails at math they may say they can never be an engineer…. In 2015 I broke my first GWR to create a tangible example for folks to show that if you set your mind to a goal, believe in yourself, and pursue it with a passion, you can accomplish nearly anything,” Rush wrote. He just wants students to be able to achieve whatever they can so that later they can prove that anything is possible.

There are many things that Rush has done to break some of the Guinness World Records. Here are some of them:

• Fastest time wrapping someone with wrapping paper (team of two)
  • Fastest 100 m jogging with three objects whilst blindfolded
  • Most consecutive ax juggling catches
  • Most glasses balanced on a stick held in the mouth
  • Most kiwifruits sliced in the air with a sword whilst standing on a Swiss ball in one minute

Rush has explained that the rest of his attempts have been submitted to Guinness for review. The official verification process involves creating an application for a new record, having Guinness approve it, making the attempt and then submitting the evidence to the organization for review, which he said can take up to three months. Rush used his time to achieve something that seemed like the unthinkable. Rush is a very inspiring person and with him beating over 52 world records this year, he truly is amazing. Maybe there will be someone that will do other great things like David Rush, and that person might be you!